Oh man, it’s been a stressful week. I had a wonderful weekend away in Wales (The Wye Valley, more on that to come) and was feeling oh so relaxed, then I came back to an insanely busy and stressful few days both in and out of the office. Just before I went away however, I was approached by Domu, who asked me to create a slow cooker recipe for their new Slow Cooker Recipe Hub. This prompted me to take my slow cooker with me to Wales and I made a couple of different things, a more standard 3 bean chilli and then the recipe I opted to share with them, Pumpkin Jam. Yeah, OK, I’ve probably overdone it on the pumpkin this year (the pancakes aren’t even up yet…).
We made the recipe overnight on the Friday so when we went into our little kitchen hut the room had the wonderful aroma of cinnamon, maple & pumpkin and promptly made up a batch of French toast to smother with the stuff. It’s a wonderfully rich colour and lasts in a sealed container for a good week or so. I’m already considering making some for Christmas presents along with pots of Salted Caramel.
You can see the recipe here, and the people across at Domu have been kind enough to offer me an extra 6.5L Electric Slow Cooker, just like the one I used, to give away to one lucky ready. So go check out the rafflecopter below and good luck!
Hands up who wants some pumpkin jam?
- 2 cans of pureed pumpkin (or make your own)
- 295ml maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the pumpkin, syrup and vanilla into your slow cooker. Cover and set on low for 7 hours (3 on high)
- Mix in the seasoning and re-cover, leaving a gap, and leave for a further hour
- Allow to cool before serving. Try with toast (or even French toast)
- Store in a sealed container for up to a week in the fridge
This slow cooker was provided by Domu for the purpose of promoting their new recipe hub.